Welcome to TheConcertHall.ca. We are excited you have joined us and look forward to helping you make the most of your membership. If you have not yet had the chance, you can purchase a subscription here.
What is TheConcertHall.ca?
TheConcertHall.ca is a new streaming concert service that lets you enjoy performances by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra in the comfort of your home. Starting October 16, performances will be released on a weekly basis into TheConcertHall.ca. Approximately forty performances will be released in the season including classics, pops and kids programming. Performances will be 45 minutes to an hour long.
Some performances will be freely available to all visitors. Most will require a 7-day, 30-day or annual subscription to access. Performances can be viewed on computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet device. You can watch wirelessly on a TV using Apple TV or Chromecast to share the video with your TV. You can navigate to TheConcertHall.ca on a Blu-Ray device. You can use a HDMI, DVI or VGA cable to connect your PC directly to a TV.
Finding Concerts and Musical Content
Concerts are presented in the series listed in the top menu or here. Only performances that have been released or announced are available. The first concert will be released on October 16. You can see the full release schedule here.
New and upcoming releases will be listed on TheConcertHall.ca home page. You can also use the search bar to find content based on keywords like a composer or artist name.
Managing Your Account
You can update your account information at any time. When logged in, you can change your personal information by selecting the “My Account” tab in the top menu of TheConcertHall.ca.
Behind the Scenes
All video is released in high quality audio and 1080p HD video. We use four to six HD cameras to shoot each performance. Audio is captured by a dedicated symphonic audio engineer deploying an array of ten to twenty microphones for each performance.
Devices & Technology
Smart TVs and Blue-ray players
You can watch performances on any smart TV or Blue-ray player with an internet connection and browser that will let you navigate to TheConcertHall.ca
If you cannot navigate directly to TheConcertHall.ca you can still watch on your TV using the following options:
- Plug the Chromecast device into your TV and download the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet device
- Open the Google Home app and tap the “Devices” button in the upper right-hand corner. Tap “Set Up” under the option for your Chromecast and follow the prompts
- Bring up The Concert Hall.ca performance of your choosing on your smartphone or tablet device
- Click the Chromecast icon in the bottom right corner underneath the video
- In the Safari app on your Mac, navigate to the web video you want to play. Compatible web videos have an AirPlay icon. Click the AirPlay icon , then choose your Apple TV
- For more information visit: How to install a web browser on Apple TV
- Make sure your Blu-ray player is receiving an internet signal
- Locate the web browser app of your choosing on your Blu-Ray home screen. Visit theconcerthall.ca
- Bring up TheConcertHall.ca performance of your choosing and click play
- You can watch performances on any mobile device with an internet connection (via wifi or data) and a web browser
- Our web player will automatically scale stream quality to suit your bandwidth